This course can be delivered at your location as a one-day crash course or as a more in-depth two-day course. It can also be combined with other courses to provide a comprehensive course on advanced wastewater treatment and reuse.
This course provides comprehensive, up-to-date information on the design and operational aspects of MBR technology and its applications. The course includes hard data from commercial technologies and actual reference sites. It is aimed at a broad section of stakeholders, including end users, consultants, contractors, regulators, technology providers and researchers in wastewater treatment technology for both industrial and municipal effluents.
What is Covered?
The one-day course covers the following subject areas and topics:
- Industrial effluent treatment using MBRs
- Municipal wastewater treatment using MBRs
- Comparative costs with conventional treatment
- Membrane separation process fundamentals
- MBR membrane technology configurations
- MBR process design
- MBR operation and maintenance
- Commercial MBR membrane products and process technologies
- Case studies.
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to understand and appreciate:
- the market position of MBR technology
- the fundamentals and governing principles of membrane separation processes
- the fundamentals and governing principles of biological treatment, as it relates to MBRs
- the key technical constituents of the MBR process treatment scheme, and their specifications
- the constituent costs of the process, and their comparison with conventional treatment
- the extent of the commercial MBR membrane technologies
- the extent of the implementation of the technology as pertaining to key example municipal and industrial installations, and
- perform basic calculations relating to MBR process design.
The one-day course excludes all tutorials and assignments that are delivered in the two-day MBR Crash course.