This one-day course is suitable for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles governing the design and operation of membrane separation processes as used in the municipal water sector.
What is Covered?
- an overview of membrane permeation principles relevant to understanding the design and operation of membrane-based processes: membrane process types and key operating parameters, membrane and process configurations, fouling
- dense membrane processes: reverse osmosis, nanofiltration and electrodialysis
- porous membrane processes: ultrafiltration and microfiltration
- membrane applications: desalination, municipal wastewater treatment, wastewater reuse.
- understand the fundamental physicochemical phenomena governing membrane separation processes
- understand the factors affecting the selection, design and operation and of membrane separation processes.
||Membrane technology principles
||Potable water membrane filtration
||Wastewater membrane applications